Left-wing Mass Shooters
I write this in the aftermath of the mass shooting in New Zealand, in which Brenton Torrant shot and killed 49 people in a mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand. The mass media, and leftist politicians are claiming that he is "right-wing" which could not be further from the truth. The shooter published an 87 page manifesto which can be found online. In it, he supports the following positions:
- He is a self-described racist who does not support the immigration of non-whites to 'white' countries.
- He states that "it's his plan all along" that his attack will result in calls for the "removal of gun rights from whites in the United States." He hopes that this will lead to gun control which will result in a civil war in the US that he believes will be on racial lines.
- He hopes that the self-destruction of the US will inhibit the ability of the US to project military power, to prevent the US from supporting non-white nations and groups (he cites Kosovo as an example)
- He states that he is not a conservative and that "conservatism is a corporate disguise, I want no part of it"
- He is not a Christian (he says "it's complicated")
- He states that the nation with the closest political and social values to his own is China
- He considers himself to be an "eco fascist" and an "ethno-nationalist"
- He states that he is not a supporter of Donald Trump
- He states that his views have also included communism and anarchism
- He believes in using violence
- He is anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist, and believes in socialist values such as enhanced workers rights